NGUMC Blog Postings

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome!

My name is Christian Higgins and I am the President of Conference Youth for the North Georgia United Methodist Conference. The purpose of this blog is to inform you on what is going on with youth ministry in north GA. I will give frequent updates on conference wide interests while also focusing on the local church at times. As I progress through my term I see so many inspirational and amazing moments and I want to share all of them with you as you go through your spiritual journey. Now, I know you may be wondering what this job entails and how the conference youth ministry is run. It all starts with CCYM, the Conference Council on Youth Ministries. This is a council that meets every few months to plan and discuss conference events, distribute funds to churches in need locally and internationally through the Youth Service Fund, and mainly to make disciples for Jesus Christ! This council is mostly comprised of youth but also has adult representatives. As President, I lead each CCYM meeting and am the youth representative for many other councils in the North GA Conference such as the Disaster Response Committee, The Connectional Table, the Annual Conference 2011 Planning Committee, and the Conference Board of Laity. These are just a few of my responsibilities that I feel are most rewarding. I hope you find this blog useful and if you have any questions or comments, please comment below or email me at: christianhiggins_007@yahoo.com.

God Bless,
Christian

2 comments:

  1. Christian, LOVE your blog! So honored that we were able to photograph you for your Senior Pictures. We are looking forward to following you in the years ahead. Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. youth face special daily life uestions need answers to believe 24-7-365 must care listen ourv free SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD program inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blogs help g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete